Make a difference and help someone in need.
As an on-site Helpline Volunteer at PARCA you’ll be supporting vulnerable adults and young people and be the missing link between their issues and the vital help that they need.
Become an Ambassador
Our volunteers are always there for anyone when they feel they have nowhere else to turn.
Our on-site helpline in centre Unity Hall is open six days a week between Monday and Friday from 9am – 7.30pm and Saturday 11am – 2pm. We are recruiting for volunteers across the week however. We’ll provide full information when you apply. If you become a helpline volunteer you’ll receive full training.
How it all works
What do I need?
- You must be over 18
- To be able to travel to our help centre
- Basic computer skills
- Be happy to listen and be empathetic
- Have a warm and friendly tone of voice
- Remain calm and professional under pressure
- Be enthusiastic about helping young people
Benefits for you
- Improved communication and listening skills
- Relevant experience and opportunity to develop skils that are transferrable for many careers
- Meeting new people (we run regular socials)
- Something to put on your CV e.g. commitment and social responsibility
- Get an insight into key issues affecting young people e.g. mental health
- Leadership skills
- Opportunity to get experience working in the voluntary sector
- After six months we may provide a reference if requested.
What you get from us?
- Full training provided
You can download form, print it, fill and bring it to our office. Alternatively you can use online form below.