It is a huge concern that the present COVID 19 crisis has affected Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) people more than others. BME communities have higher rates of infection and more face other consequences such as loss of jobs or income. Now more than ever, help is needed from the BME community groups that support their members.
PARCA is pleased to announce that it has received funding from Cambridgeshire Community Foundation to work with these BME community groups to support them in the help they give. This funding will help PARCA deliver online workshops to help groups to:
- Develop effective ways to collect information from the community on what people need;
- Plan how to run the best services to meet needs and help those in their community during COVID 19;
- Look at budgets and fundraising to secure the funds needed;
- Look at ways to develop volunteer services;
- Look at ways to measure the value of the group in what it does (this can help publicity of the group and help with fundraising).
After each workshop, there will be further one to one online help available so that the group can work this through with support, if needed. Groups can also use this online help to raise and address other concerns. For example, help can be given on how to develop governing rules for the group or how to deal constructively with disagreements.
This project will both help groups as well as collect information on the barriers that BME groups and communities face. Services are confidential and any information to be shared will not identify the source, and will only be shared after the group gives permission. Permitted information can be shared with funders, like the Cambridgeshire Community Foundation, to contribute to more inclusive funding services that help address the inequalities BME communities face.
Please apply as soon as you can, as the number of groups we can help is limited and places will be given on a first come, first served basis.
If your group is interested in taking up the support of this project please do contact Rebecca at PARCA email@example.com